New Team Member – Rosann De Campo
We would like to introduce our newest team member, Rosann De Campo. Rosann has joined NFP Lawyers as General Counsel and brings a wealth of experience in advising on all aspects of fundraising, including conducting lotteries, events and promotions in all state and territories.
Rosann is a dedicated senior lawyer and governance professional offering 20 years of experience supporting and advising multi-faceted organisations with a background in a top tier law firm, state government department and more recently a public listed company advising on all aspects of conducting lotteries in all states and territories.
She is held in high regard for providing practical legal advice to clients, achieving positive commercial outcomes and maintaining compliance with complex regulatory requirements.
As part of her background, Rosann was an integral part of a critical legal team at Tatts Group Lotteries (now Tabcorp) for over 15 years. She was responsible for the provision of specialised ‘in-house’ services, offered comprehensive regulatory and strategic advice and assistance to business units, executives and shared service teams in a highly regulated lotteries business, and across several jurisdictions.
Throughout her career she has attained vast experiences in the regulatory requirements for conducting lotteries (including trade promotions and charitable lotteries) compliance management and Australian Consumer law with a focus on lotteries, competition and privacy law. Together with expert communication and negotiation skills, Rosann brings a practical and consultative approach, working closely with her clients to deliver efficient and precise advice while acting as a positive change agent.
At NFP Lawyers Rosann can provide technical/strategic/regulatory advice to not for profit organisations within the charitable, sport, health, disability, youth and family services, research organisations and industry bodies.
Rosann can also assist not for profit organisations by providing specialised advice on all aspects of fundraising in all states and territories, including:
- Providing advice on establishing charitable associations, public companies limited by guarantee, incorporated association and social enterprises;
- Registration as a charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission;
- Obtaining Authorities to Fundraise in all relevant jurisdictions;
- Obtaining Approvals/Permits/licences (where necessary) to conduct charitable lotteries on websites, holding events and/or conducting online promotions;
- conducting promotions through social media including facebook, Instagram and Twitter;
- drafting terms and conditions for all types of promotions and raffles;
- conducting marketing material reviews for all promotional material to ensure that all advertising material (flyers and brochures and on websites) comply with –
- Lotteries, trade promotions and charitable lotteries legislation;
- Responsible Gambling Codes and Gambling messages
- Australian Consumer law;
- Intellectual Property, Licenses and Third -Party including images, music, video or logos; and
- Privacy/Spam Act requirements.
- Contract negotiations, drafting and finalising agreements associated with sponsorships and partnership arrangements.