Glenys has extensive experience as a senior corporate and commercial lawyer. Having worked at one of Australia’s leading law firms for over 25 years, she has been a key legal advisor to some of Australia’s largest companies and government departments, advising on a wide range of corporate and commercial transactions, with a particular focus on mergers and acquisitions in the resources sector.
She has also specialised for over 25 years in acting for charities and not-for-profit organisations, including:
- establishing ancillary funds, charitable trusts and environmental, affordable housing, educational, cultural, benevolent and other charitable and tax concession entities;
- drafting and amending constitutions and trust deeds;
- obtaining charity registrations and endorsements for tax exemptions and concessions and deductible gift recipient status under a range of categories;
- advising about duties, governance and compliance;
- drafting and negotiating funding agreements, collaboration agreements, project agreements and services agreements;
- drafting board charters and compliance policies; and
- advising about issues relating to testamentary bequests and estate disputes.
She is known to be a commercial, pragmatic and trusted legal advisor to her clients and has acted for some charitable organisations for 15 years or more. Her depth of knowledge and experience, especially her well-developed drafting, research, reporting and organisational skills and her understanding and appreciation of the particular concerns and motivations of charities and not-for-profit organisations, are a valuable resource for her clients.
Glenys has been a school council director and is a committee member of Innocents Relief, a charity and public benevolent institution. She has completed the Company Directors Course of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and was a member of the Professional Users Group established by the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission.